Association of Senior Members
There are over 7,000 St Hilda's Senior Members. The Association of Senior Members (ASM) creates and promote activities that reconnect former students to each other and to the College to the benefit of both. All students of St Hilda's College (including Visiting Students) can become members of the ASM. A fee of £30, paid over three years during an undergraduate or graduate course, is included in battels. St Hilda's Senior Members can take advantage of various benefits and services both in College and across the University.
The ASM Committee is a group of St Hilda's Senior Members working together to promote the interests of all Senior Members and to foster links with the College. Any Senior Member can stand for election to the ASM Committee and serve a consecutive term of four years. The ASM Committee meets in College five times a year and helps to organise various events including the ASM London Drinks, the London Tea Party, as well as the Garden Party and Gaudy Weekend in College. The next ASM Annual General Meeting will be held at the Garden Party on 25 June 2016. The ASM Committee also manages the ASM finances and the ASM Studentship Fund and selects the recipient for this award.
If you are interested in becoming a member or finding out more about the ASM, please contact the Development Office.
- Ruth Fuller-Sessions (Classics, 1986) - Chair
- Jan Archer (English, 1966) - Vice Chair
- Lynn Featherstone (Modern Languages, 2000) - Secretary
- Charlotte Pinder (Modern Languages, 1975) - Treasurer
- Bronwyn Travers - Governing Body Representative
- Julie Dyson (English, 1982)
- Jacky Hughes (History, 1965)
- Lucy Meakin (English, 2002)
- Alison Moore (Law, 1989)
- Triona Adams (English, 1993) - Alumnae Events Manager, ex-officio
- Audrone Jurkenaite-Epih - Campaign Executive
- Fran Woodcock (Classics, 2004) - Alumnae Relations & Communications Manager, ex-officio
The following alumnae have been proposed as new members of the ASM Committee, pending election at the AGM on 24 June 2017.
- Catherine Clarebourne (Oriental Studies, 1989)
- Henry Cosh (English, 2013)
- Pauline Burton (English, 1963)
- Margaret Ellis (English, 1963)
Events for alumnae abroad
St Hilda’s College’s international alumnae community continues to grow. In addition to the well-established American Friends of St Hilda’s group, which hosts annual events in the United States, Senior Members have also attended and helped to coordinate events in Paris, Madrid, Vienna, Japan, and Hong Kong in recent years. If you are a Senior Member living internationally and would like to get involved in College events abroad – either as a participant or coordinator – please contact the Development Office.